- 「歷史與神學概覽」（五月17-19、24-26日），由馮忠強牧師 / 博士講授。馮博士於2003年取得英國愛丁堡大學哲學博士學位，專研宗教改革的神學與歷史，現任San Ramon 主恩教會牧師，有多年教學與牧養經驗。
Dear Friends of SAGOS in Christ,
Reading the Bible is like mining gold. A gold mine owner will not give up on the mine just because he cannot exhaust all the gold in the mine within his limited lifetime. I believe that he will have a plan to mine the gold by purchasing equipment, hiring personnel, and patiently, continually, dig out the gold one step at a time. Isn’t it the same with Bible study? Although I have been reading the Bible and preaching for many years, yet I find that until today, I have new insights, new discoveries, and new promptings from the Holy Spirit every time I read it again. It is just one of the wonderful characteristics of this Book of life.
It is even more so for the Book of Revelation. Many stayed away from the Book of Revelation because they do not understand the book; yet they are destined to lose out on the blessings in digging from the treasure in this book. SAGOS will hold 2 lectures at our campus on 4/27 and 5/4, entitled “The Thoughts and Feelings in Reading Revelation” (啟示錄的情與思), to be delivered by Rev. Lai (Mandarin) and Rev. Ho (Cantonese) respectively, from 9:30 am to 12:30 am. The ‘thought’ aspect relates to the understanding of the context, structure and message of Revelation; whereas, the ‘feelings’ aspect consists of employing our heart to experience the worship, amazement, passion and comfort in Revelation.
Between mid-March and early April in Hong Kong, I attended the Executive Board meeting. In addition to my ministry, I met with some friends of SAGOS in Hong Kong and the Philippines, to thank them for their love offerings to SAGOS for the purchase of our current site.
From 4/9 to 4/16, Rev. Lai will attend the Executive Board meeting in Canada SAGOS, lead a revival meeting at Richmond Hill Chinese Community Church, and with Mrs. Lai, will lead a 10-step Bible Study teacher training in Mandarin and Cantonese, respectively. For that duration, Rev. Ho will also attend, to meet with co-workers in the Canada Chinese Theological Seminary, to discuss matters pertaining to applying for certification of the credits obtained from SAGOS Institute of Preaching and Bible Exposition.
The classes for this period’s SAGOS Institute of Preaching and Hermeneutics are nearing completion. The classes for the next semester are as follows:
- “10-step Bible Study #3: Practice” (Mandarin) (5/9 – 5/12), teachers are Rev. Lai and Elder Shu;
- “10-step Bible Study 3: Practice” (Cantonese) (5/17 – 5/19), teachers are Rev. Lai and Rev. Tseng.
- “Introduction to History and Theology” (5/17 -19; 5/24 – 26), to be taught by Rev. Dr. Fung. Dr. Fung obtained his PhD degree from the University of Edinburgh in England, specializing in the theology and history of the Reformation. He is currently pastor of Lord’s Grace Church in San Ramon, with many years’ of teaching and pastoring experience.
We encourage enlisted or auditing students to register for the courses. Those interested may call 408-773-8891 Sister Helen Chang for information, or register on line www.sagos.org. With 5 or more attendees from the same church auditing a class, there is a $ 50 discount per person; with over 10 persons, the discount will be $ 100 per person.
The matching offering goal for this year is $ 80,000, beginning in April; please pray and support this endeavor.
Please continue to give thanks and pray for the following:
- The lectures ““The Thoughts and Feelings of Revelation” to be delivered on 4/27 (Mandarin) and 5/4 (Cantonese)
- The ministries and meetings of Rev. and Mrs. Lai and Rev. Ho in Toronto in mid-April.
- The new semester in May, the preparation of the teachers of the 3 new courses and students.
- The 2019 matching offering begins in April with a goal of $ 80,000.
May the blessings of the Lord be abundant!